Sunday, October 25, 2009

Old People (Well, some of them :P)

Okay, well something happened to me the other day and I sort of felt like sharing it. I was getting on a local bus with my younger sister and it was pretty empty except for I guess one or two people. Anyways, we were sitting on those seats up the front that are supposed to be for disabled people or old people or whatever. Anyways, we only sat there because it was convenient and well ... does it really matter where the hell you sit on a freaking bus?!


ANYWHO, this old lady gets aboard about three stops after we've gotten on and the bus is still relatively empty, plenty of seats right? And so she gets aboard and demands (pretty rudely) that she wants to sit in our seats. Well, one of our seats because you can't really take up two, unless your fat, and she wasn't , haha kinda getting carried away. Anyways, I sort of politely pointed out there were plenty of free seats. I pointed this out rather politely because my parents have raised be to be respectful to old people. Yeah, I get that, if I was old and my life was almost over, I'd be kinda pissed at the world too. So this lady, wants an argument and starts rambling on about the rude people of today and how they are so impolite, disgraceful, spoiled etc, etc.

(I'm glad she's not my grandma :S)

So I finally gave in and me and my sister moved. But it kinda got me thinking that some old people can be rude too. SO STOP with the stereotypes that young people are hooligans, idiots and all that. Of course some of us are and we're just enjoying being young. Maybe you're jealous? Maybe you wish you were young? You know, you are only young once and who can blame us if we make the most of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment