Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kurt Cobain


Yep, I'm another one of those annoying Nirvana fans who can't get over what is supposedly the 'most influential band' in history. I understand how older people could become annoyed at fans like me who weren't even alive when Nirvana was around but that doesn't stop me from completely LOVING them. And although I love their music, I think I find that I'm most drawn to the deceased lead singer, Kurt Cobain. I have done so much research on this man that I'm a walking encyclopedia of him and yet I don't even know half there is to know about him!
I guess people find it weird that my hero and role model was a drug taking, self destructing guy but that's how it is. I only wished I had met him. Just to see the real him, not the one being interviewed and not the one on stage.
I also loved his crazy stunts such as dressing up in Courtney's clothes and diving wildly into drum kits. I can still never understand how much that would hurt!
The thing I've heard Kurt talk about on various interviews is the interpretation of his lyrics. He claimed that he just used random lyrics that would sort of fit with the song and that he got annoyed at people who tried to interpret his lyrics into something deeper. I like that he used lyrics as another part of the song. They do say that the voice is an instrument and why should lyrics make sense anyway? As long as they make a good song, I guess it doesn't really matter.
I think that's all for now but there will definetely be more posts about Kurt and Nirvana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment